Network Cable Tester
We’ve spent hundreds of hours researching and comparing Network Cable Tester of all specifications to find the best one for any need (or budget). Here are the results.
The Best Network Cable Tester of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewed
2,581 Reviews Scanned
- Cable tester tests voice (RJ11/12), data (RJ45) and video (coax F-connector) terminated cables with clearly defined results
- Measure cable length up to 2000 feet (610 m)
- Test for Open, Short, Miswire or Split-Pair faults
- Backlit LCD screen displays cable length, wiremap, cable ID and test results
- Trace cables, wire pairs and individual conductor wires with multiple style tone generator (requires analog probe Cat. No. VDV500-123; sold separately)
- Cable tester with single button testing of RJ11, RJ12 and RJ45 terminated voice and data cables
- Tests CAT3, CAT5e and CAT6/6A cables
- Fast LED responses indicate cable status (Pass, Miswire, Open-Fault, Short-Fault, and Shield)
- Test remote stores securely in tester body
- Compact tester easily fits in your pocket
- Automatically runs all tests and checks for continuity, open, shorted and crossed wire pairs. Visible LED status display.
- Cable state testing (2-wire): Line DC detecting, anode and cathode determination,Ringing signal detecting open, short and cross circuit testing
- Cable Type: RJ11 Telephone cable and RJ45 LAN cable
- Connectors: Ethernet Cat 5, Ethernet Cat 5e, Ethernet Cat 6, Ethernet Cat 7, RJ11 6P and RJ45 8P
- Power Source: DC9V Battery Required (not included)
- Cable tester tests the continuity of twisted pair data wiring (RJ45) connections
- Displays wire map
- Easy to use, compact tool saves time and money on the job
- Dual function button- operates test functions and tone generator
- Large display for easy identification
- Main Function : Detecting PoE voltage, current, power, PSE standards Power supply modes, Verify RJ45 cables
- 1. Three scan modes selectable: AC filter mode/ Analog mode/ PoE mode
- 2. Detect AC voltage presence (50V-1000V). Test physical status for STP, UTP lan cable.
- 3. Measure cable length accurately , the range is 200m.
- 4. Hub blink for locating network port by the flashing port light on Hub / Switch. Available to 10M/100M/1000M Hub/ switch.
- Professional Wire Tracker. It can help you quickly find the target line in many pairs. It is suitable for tracking RJ45 internet cable, RJ11 telephone line and other metal wire in low electricity. Please note that it can not be used to track wires with high electricity ( maximum currents for emitter and receiver are 10mA and 30mA respectively, and maximum voltage is 10V ). Besides, you may need two 9V laminated cells, which are NOT included in the packaging of this item.
- Network Cables Verifying. Plug one side of the cable into the emitter and the other side into the receiver. Select "Network" to check and verify whether the network cables are good or not. No need of network tester.
- Wire Tracking. It can trace not only Ethernet LAN wires, but also electrical and speaker wires when connecting to the alligator clip. In this situation, the wires must be in power-off status, otherwise the units will be damaged. It is recommended to stripe down some of the wires when connecting through the clip. Select "SCAN". Emitter works properly if the "SCAN" indicator is on. Use the receiver to find target wires. No need of multi-testers.
- Telephone Line Test. The work of the telephone line of the detection of various states, only the transmitter can be detected, such as determining TIP or PING line, to determine the work of the telephone line idle, ringing and off-hook state.
- Additional Earphone & Equipped Lamp. In a noisy environment, you can put on the earphones to accurately find the target cable through comparing the strength of "beep beep" sound. Adjust the volume knob to make the volume proper and avoid being interfered. At night or in a dark environment, you can turn on the illuminating lamp, which can be helpful during operating.
- ACCURATELY CHECK CABLES & PORTS: The comprehensive cable tester for network professionals allows you to accurately check pin configurations for Ethernet cables, USB cables (with TC-NTUF sold separately), BNC cables, and patch panel ports.
- CABLE TESTING DISTANCE: Tests over cables lengths of up to 300 meters (984 ft.)
- PIN TESTING: The network cable testers identifies proper, severed, short circuit, and cross connected pins.
- LOCAL & REMOTE TESTING: A transmitter unit facilitates loop testing and a receiver unit allows for cable testing in locations away from the transmitter unit
- TRANSMITTER INTERFACE: 2 x test ports, Manual test button, Auto test button, Power/tone switch, LED indicators.
- PROFESSIONAL VDV CABLE MAPPER: Quickly test voice, data and video cabling for common wiring faults including split pairs
- MAPS MULTIPLE CABLE RUNS: Includes RJ45 & Coax "F" ID remotes (5 of each are included)
- EASY TO READ: The LCD display with backlight allows you to test even in dimly lit areas
- DURABLE: The rugged durable molded housing with snap-in remote is impact resistant for long lasting performance and use
- ACCURATE READINGS: Tone generator for cable tracing (separate Amplifier Probe required)
- RUGGED data/video cable tester perfect for any electrician to quickly detect wiring faults in network and coax cables
- TEST patch cables or installed cables, shielded, unshielded twisted pair, and coax
- IDENTIFIES correct wiring, opens, shorts, reversals, miswires split pairs, and shielded cables
- INCLUDES data/video cable tester, 2 AAA batteries and adapter cables
- 2 YEAR WARRANTY
- Identifies cross-over telephone connections
- Automatically scans when cables connected and unit turned on
- Two scan speeds: fast or slow
- Maps connector and cable pin out
- Tests cables up to 1,650′ or 500 m
Top Rated Network Cable Tester to Buy Now
Network Cable Tester Reviews on Twitter
[custom-twitter-feeds search=”Network Cable Tester”]
Why You Should Buy Best Network Cable Tester from Amazon
Amazon is not the only store that sell Network Cable Tester. However, there are several compelling reasons why you should buy Network Cable Tester from them, with the suitable Price and Reviews. Here are five:
(1) Amazon Makes Shopping Network Cable Tester Personal
Amazon is very good at making recommendations of Network Cable Tester based on your search history. From time to time, they will even show you discounted prices on Network Cable Tester that you previously expressed an interest in. They also make your shopping experience a little easier by showing you items that you recently viewed.
(2) Amazon Checkout is Easy
Amazon checkout is easy, especially if you already have an account. You can add Network Cable Tester to your cart and go through a multi-step checkout process, or you can buy Network Cable Tester with only one click by using your stored credit card information.
(3) Amazon Has Lots of Social Proof
Before you make a purchase for Network Cable Tester, you want to know that the company you are dealing with is legitimate and that others trust the company enough to make a purchase. You may also like to read what others are saying about the product in the review section. Amazon does all of this quite well.
(4) Amazon Has Great Network Cable Tester Images and Descriptions
In addition to still images, many of Amazon’s Network Cable Tester have videos. This makes it easier for you to see exactly what you are purchasing. Amazon’s Network Cable Tester descriptions are also quite good. In many cases, Amazon repeats the descriptions furnished by the manufacturer. In other cases, they write their own.
(5) The Amazon Site is Easy to Navigate
Navigating the Amazon site is easy. Even though the site is huge, you will not feel overwhelmed when searching for Network Cable Tester. This is partly due to Amazon’s filtering process. You can search for items by brand, price or user rating. You can also search for specific features.
How to Choose the Best Network Cable Tester (with Price and Reviews)
Although most Network Cable Tester are similar, there are several differences worth noting. Here are nine criteria to consider when choosing an Network Cable Tester:
(1) Network Cable Tester Price and Reviews
Although price is not the only factor to consider, it is nevertheless extremely important. The price of an Network Cable Tester should be in line with its value. You can compare Network Cable Tester reviews to make sure you are getting a fair price. This is easy to do on Amazon.
The demand for a particular Network Cable Tester is a good indication of its ability to perform the functions for which it was designed. If a product has been around for a while and still has a high demand, it is likely a good product.
Network Cable Tester materials differ from manufacturer to manufacturer. Consider where and how you will be using your Network Cable Tester to determine if one material would be better than another.
Like most products, Network Cable Testers come in various sizes. Do you need a large Network Cable Testeror a small one? Think about where you will use your Network Cable Tester in order to determine the best size. You can also read the customer reviews on Amazon to see what others are saying about the size of the unit they purchased.
Network Cable Testers also come in a variety of colors. Do you need a particular color? You should also consider whether the color of your Network Cable Tester would have any effect on the efficiency of its operation.
The durability of an Network Cable Tester will be contingent on the materials used as well as the quality of the manufacturing process. Additionally, the type of Network Cable Tester you purchase may affect its durability.
Will you need to store your Network Cable Tester? If so, you should consider the size and weight of the Network Cable Testerto make sure that it can be stored properly. Also, give some consideration to the type of climate in which your Network Cable Tester will be stored.
(8) Customer Ratings
Customer rating is one of the best criteria for choosing an Network Cable Tester. It is hard to know exactly how an Network Cable Tester will perform until you get it home and try it out.
(9) WaThe Best Network Cable Tester of 2020 – Top Rated & Reviewedrranty
Make sure the Network Cable Tester you are considering is backed by a good manufacturer’s warranty. If it isn’t, you might be better off with another ones.